Thursday, November 04, 2004

I Don't Understand

So the election results are in and I find that I just don't understand Americans. Not at all. And it's not just because Bush was re-elected, although that does have a lot to do with my confusion, but that Kerry was actually viewed as a desirable alternative when he was little more than 'Bush Lite'.

Who the Hell are you people? Why do I feel like a man without a country or a species? Why am I constantly reminded of phone sanitizers whenever I read or hear the news? (No watching, since I pulled the plug on my T.V. back in mid 2000.) When do I get to wake up from this dream?

I'm choosing a philisophical outlook towards this Election of our Future Sold (to the Highest Bidder tm). Kerry garnered more of the vote than I expected him to so I actually find it somewhat heartening that so many people tried to vote Bush out. Part of my choosing this outlook is that it brings me face-to-face with something so huge and so overlooked that I just have to investigate it. That something revolves around my first question:

Who the Hell are you people?

What makes you tick? What did Bush/Cheney say that resonated with so many of you? What did Kerry/Edwards say that resonated with the remainder of you voter types. (I actually voted this time and I'm getting sick of backing F-ing losers.) And what is keeping the rest of you from participating...especially you young punks who stand to pay for all of these present decisions with your blood and/or your money?

I want to - no, need to - understand. I want to write it off as part of what humans do and have always done...and certainly that's a factor. But if that were all it was, then we'd all be acting like our government and corporations do towards one another in our day-to-days...and we (generally) don't. So why do we hand that sort of power to our government(s) and allow (and even encourage) them to engage in behavior we would be embarrassed about if it were ours?

So I'm going to Puzz and Puzz. And I do expect it to make my Puzzler sore. And I may not understand what's going on any better than I do now, but at least I'll be able to say that I tried...because up until now I've written the lot of you off as lowest-common-denominators and I've wanted nothing more than to see all of you sterilized. As painfully as possible, even.

And that just won't do. Not because such thoughts make me feel bad, but mostly 'cuz I haven't got the time to get around to a job that big. And we all know that if you want something done right, well, you just gotta do it yourself.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?