Wednesday, December 01, 2004

45

'Bells are chiming and tears are falling
It creeps up on you without a warning
45'

Funny that I pulled this Elvis Costello off the cd rack a couple of days ago and that '45' is the first song on it. Not sure if the choice was a case of synchronicity or an instance of subliminal thought or just sheer coincidence, but it's certainly appropriate.

Then again, the name of the album is 'When I was Cruel' and maybe that's the connection....

Anyway. I'm officially 45 years old and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it. I guess I'll just put the old turntable to 45 rpm's and hope there's gonna be a 78 in my future.

'Every scratch, every click, every heartbeat
Every breath that I bless
I'd be lost, I confess
45'
Comments:
Happy Birthday Older Brother.... Do not worry do not cry , if you don't have birthdays it means you've died.

At least you don't get the screaming symptoms that women get . Is it hot in here or am I just on fire? Don't forget to call Mom because it was a special day for her too. It's the first time she bacame someones MOM.
I love you and hope your week is stupendous. I mean , it took nine months to make you, one stinkin' day a year isn't enought to celebrate that. Happy happy,
hogs and kisses
Cinderby
 
Thank you kindly. I was just telling Robin (Renee) that being 45 seems to feel like something, unlike being 44. Or 43. To paraphrase myself, my comment was something along the lines of:

"I find that the pull chain inside my head is switching on and off and that my skin doesn't seem to fit me."

I'm feeling restless. Is this what male menopause starts out as? An un-namable and unfocused restlessness? Or are brain and body finally finishing up the job started by puberty!?
 
Leaving for Fl in the morning........lots of relatives are swarming around the Derby camp.
I will give you a call when I get back. Eric and his band are an opening act on First Nite. They will be playing at the Memorial Auditorium arounf 10:00pm 12/31/04. Perhaps we can meet up there. Hope all is well with you ,old man.
Love Cinderby
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?